June 10, 2020
A moderated discussion on how the current crises, health and economic, have focussed a bright light on numerous social issues facing Africans including inequitable access to healthcare, the economic vulnerability of workers, occupational safety and wellbeing, temporary improvements in air and water quality resulting from lockdowns, police brutality and excessive use of force, disparities in access to technology, and more.
Intro Remarks by Sim Tshabalala, Group Chief Executive, SBG and Executive Director, SBSA Standard Bank Group
Special Guest Speaker Jide Zeitlin, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of Tapestry, Inc. The parent company of luxury brands Coach, Kate Spade, and Stuart Weitzman.
Moderator Kamil Olufowobi, CEO, Most Influential People of African Descent (MIPAD) 100 Under 40
- Tara Durotoye, Founder & CEO, House of Tara International
- Vanessa Nakate, Activist, Climate Change
- Diallo Shabazz, Co-Founder, Birthright AFRICA
- Vusi Thembekwayo, CEO, MyGrowthFund Venture Capital
- Phyllis Wakiaga, CEO, Kenya Association of Manufacturers
- Adebola Williams, Co-Founder & CEO, Red Media Africa